A week in review

brifishrgy

Headed out last Sat for the opening of Bass season .. our annual bass tourney started out rough with the lake getting too rough for my 14' tinny .. decided to hit the Grand instead and wasnt disapointed .. got a few cats and was outfished by my son yet again .. he got 4 walleys to my one .. this is my biggest cat from sat

gallery_164_499_19846.jpg

didnt get out into the lake on Sunday either .. managed a few small walleye and a couple cats .. didnt get out again until Tuesday .. only had 3 hours to fish because of the shift I was on but managed to get my personal best 5.15 lb smallie(20.5") .. unfortunatly it engulfed the tube and didnt make it

gallery_164_499_68274.jpg

tried to get out Wendsday morning but after 2 waves made it over the front of the boat I decided to head back in and get some sleep .. Got out Friday evening again and got a 4.585 lbr .. Sat morning I was hoping to get another high 4 pound fish to put me in contention for the big prize .. didnt get anything big but my son Dawson managed to get a 2 ponder which was his biggest for the tourney

gallery_164_46_96545.jpg

after a fish fry at my friends place we went to the hunters and anglers club at 3 for the annual awards .. ends up my bass was big enough to win me 2nd place for big bass .. first time I ever won anything at the torney .. it was only 75 bucks but it covered the beverages for the week (well almost) ... hopefully next year more will enter the tourney as the numbers were down from last year

sounds like a great time spent out there with your son..the Dunville A&H guys area pretty good bunch, I have met a few in the last couple years as they are part of the "tri-club's" volunteer efforts for the walleye tagging and hatchery project I volunteer with in the spring.