Long Point Bay

So my buddy, his wife,his four year old son and myself went down to Long Point today for some fishing. Headed out of the Kdub at 8am and were on the water out of the PP by 10:15. The bay was very smooth so we headed way out. Im not sure what the area was called but there were a ton of boats parked on it and it was at the very tip of the point. I had no probems hooking into the smallies landing a dozen or so in the 12-14 inch size. All the fish came on Yamamoto grubs split shot rigged using a do nothing retreive. My question is the water was very clear but we couldnt get onto any perch. Were the heck do you find them out there? The water we were fishing was 7-8 ft deep.

Edited by Musky or Specks

Best spot right now is the other side of Pottahawk (first sandbar) or out @ bluff bar. I am assuming that you were on the west side of pottahawk and not at the end of the point :dunno: The point is a LONG ride on the water

8 feet of water on the weed edges off St Williams or Port Rowan. You were too far out and too far from the shallow weeds they inhabit during the summer.

If you want big perch right now though, you're best off in the outer bay. Bluff's, Normandale, Port Ryerse, Woollies Point, Dover off the pumphouse or German house, Nanticoke.. all good bets.

Good work on the smallies. Good to see they are still hanging around the inner bay. Another couple of weeks they'll be gone I bet.