Nipissing - North Shore

mattmacewan

Anyone ever fished up on the North Shore of Nipissing between NB & SF?

Not too much structure or primo shoreline up here....

Or out at the Goose Islands? or Manitous?

Last years spots didn't produce as well this season and aside from open water deep trolling I'm a little stumped...

Any tips?

The Manitou's and Goose Islands are both very productive areas. If you are fishing the Northshore, its better towards Sturgeon Falls. If you want to fish the North Bay area the Eastern shore is the best way to go, you can slow troll or drift (depending on the wind) the entire shore. Where did you fish last year?

fishing has slowed down on the North Shore near Sturgeon.... the south side like nearer the mouth of the French are doing very good this past week..the reefs just west of the GOOSES are good right now very productive.... better have a big boat it's been very windy lately..

:Gonefishing: :Gonefishing:

Good Luck

Randy from Sturgeon.

Fellas,

I live up on the North Shore - just moved last year - between SF & NB. East of Manitous, South Shore, SF & French are just a REAL long ride (and we all know how rough that open deep trench can be) so I tend to stick to the North Shore, Jocko reefs and the Goose/burritt shelf on calm days...Last year had some good solid fishing most of the season...this year just seems like it's a little slower up this way - still quality fish just not quite as many. Granted it's been a crappy June for rain&wind....I just found the board and with the weather seemingly taking a turn for the better wanted to see if anyone's had any luck on the north shore, middle islands.

Fellas,

I live up on the North Shore - just moved last year - between SF & NB. East of Manitous, South Shore, SF & French are just a REAL long ride (and we all know how rough that open deep trench can be) so I tend to stick to the North Shore, Jocko reefs and the Goose/burritt shelf on calm days...Last year had some good solid fishing most of the season...this year just seems like it's a little slower up this way - still quality fish just not quite as many. Granted it's been a crappy June for rain&wind....I just found the board and with the weather seemingly taking a turn for the better wanted to see if anyone's had any luck on the north shore, middle islands.

Just talked to a buddy 20 minutes ago and he caught 11 tonight and kept 6 while backtrollin' with a worm harness off the west side of island # ? J**k* Pt. apparently there's a few rock piles there .......white Sylvan 14 ft / 20 hp merc.... tonight was the night ..he's usually in at 10 and tonight was in at 8:30....