Great Belleville Fishing.

smokinall4s

Well my wife had to do some training in Belleville and I put a post out for some Belleville fishing and MoiraRiverMan suggested a spot to go. We checked it out but there were people already there so we went to check out the river. We went to the Pirate cove canteen where there is a huge pirate ship that is a playground for kids. We then went to the river near some waterfalls and we threw out 3 lines. One for me, Brady and Shevonne.

After 10 minutes my daughter just wanted to play in the water.

After 30 minutes I saw a fish jump out of the water. So we know that there were fish here. Just then a fish jumped right out of the water and right onto shore. It scared my son at first then he ran over to where it was because he wanted to throw it back into the water so it wouldn't die. But the fish flipped and flopped it's way back into the water. Weird fish, it was a small trout.

So he picked up his rod and back into the water it went, he was determined to catch one now. All of a sudden his bobber was down and gone. He reels it in and it's a fat sunfish. He was so happy. We've been to our regular fishing pond and we have been skunked everytime so this great, for him.

We then went down to the boat launch and we found a spot to fish that was along the waterfront trail. There was a spot where the Bay went under a little bridge from the trail and into a pond. Well, we setup the rods and I couldn't keep up with taking fish off our lines and putting on worms. In all total I caught 13 fish, crappies, pumpkinseed and perch. My son caught his PB sunfish (I think it was a crappie) and a total of 10 fish, sunfish and perch.

So it was a GREAT day of fishing and he is excited to be catching fish again and he can't wait to get back out there. I told him that we'll get back out there and fish the dam that MoiraRiverMan suggested. And we'll let him know when we are coming and maybe we can hook up for some fishing.

BellevilleFishing9.jpg

Here's Brady's first of the year.

BellevilleFishing7.jpg

His PB Sunfish (Crappie?)

BellevilleFishing8.jpg

Here's a closer pic of his PB

BellevilleFishing3.jpg

Father & Son fishing. Doesn't get any better.

BellevilleFishing6.jpg

Here's my first of the year.

BellevilleFishing.jpg

Here's Brady throwing one back in. He wears the gloves because he doesn't want the fins to cut him.

BellevilleFishing2.jpg

Brady's waiting for a worm and Shevonne is waiting to put one back in the water.

BellevilleFishing5.jpg

Here's our little model. She's gonna be a heartbreaker. Feel sorry for the boys.

There we go, I figured out the pics, with the help of greencoachdog, so enjoy. We did.

Edited by smokinall4s

Here's our little model. She's gonna be a heartbreaker. Feel sorry for the boys.

Prepare yourself!!!! Thats all i will say. Im raising a 12 year old girl now and cant believe some of the things shes come to me with already and the crap she has to deal with with the boys at school. Its going to throw you for a loop by the time your little one is twelve. I dream of getting these "easy" days back!!! :huh:

Seriously,

Great moments captured here, i love the one with your little girl putting the size 12 glove on a size 1 hand LOL

Prepare yourself!!!! Thats all i will say. Im raising a 12 year old girl now and cant believe some of the things shes come to me with already and the crap she has to deal with with the boys at school. Its going to throw you for a loop by the time your little one is twelve. I dream of getting these "easy" days back!!! :huh:

Seriously,

Great moments captured here, i love the one with your little girl putting the size 12 glove on a size 1 hand LOL

A freind of mines 13yr old daughter has a huge crush on my 16 yr old son. I taunt him all the time about what hes going to do when she gets older LOL. Im so glad I didnt have a daughter, Id probly never sleep.