Kawartha Report

muskylund1

I just returned from a week on Lower Buckhorn. For the week we boated 16 muskies between my 83 year old Dad, my brother and myself.. The weather seemed to put the muskies off a bit and the average size was lower than normal. My buddy Jason who was staying in another cabin caught a 45" at the beginning of the week. My best musky last week was a 38" on a black/silver bucktail. My brother took a 40" on an M&G Tandem Spin. I lost a low to mid 40 inch musky that bit me off on a Zara Spook with no leader. I'll have to remember to use a leader next time.

We also caught and released 7 Bass over 4 pounds, including 2 Smallmouths over 20". Most of the Bass were taken on tube jigs, but at least of the 4 pounders was taken on a Zara Spook and Dad got a 20" Smallmouth on a buzzbait.

No pics because the film is still in the camera. I will post some pics when I get them developed.

Tom

Guest Johnny Bass

Very nice! Lower buck is a great lake, with a lot of structure. The muskies aren't that long but they are usually nice and thick. Seems like there is good bass fishing there. I will try to target them next time I go. Thanks for sharing.