Fished the trent this weekend

PatrickGG

Got out to Hastings this weekend and fished the Trent in search of some Smallies, Largies and Walleye and i cant forget the Roller Coaster of Weather we ran into Down pours of Rain and the occasional Thunder and Sunshine, it was kinda tough seem like the fish had schooled up in some areas and scattered in others and the smallies just shut down, my daughter hooked into her first Largemouth prior to catching at least a half dozen Rock bass she was a happy camper

002.jpg

managed a couple myself

003.jpg

004.jpg

Next day i headed out alone, i got out on the water around 6 P.m and started tossing a White and Blue Lucky Strike Spinnerbait in search of some big Largemouth and came across one area that had a small creek run off and found a couple of not so bad ones that gave a nice fight had one on the was pretty big but lost him at the boat

005dw2.jpg

006uv6.jpg

shortly after releasing those 2 i started a drift along the shore line and casted away from the shore and got a nice hit i wasn't sure what i had on i felt lots of head shaking and to my surprise a Walleye actually the first one of the year on a spinner bait

007yi6.jpg

008zk7.jpg

Overall the weekend wasn't to bad the trails at the site were all muddy and the kids had lots of fun and 10 hours sleep over the past 3 days called for a major sleep in this morning so i hope everyone had a good weekend and enjoy there Canada Day celebrations.

Edited by PatrickG

Guest Johnny Bass

Congrats on the first pickerel of the year and congrats to your daughter's first largie. I used to fish Hastings a lot when I was a kid and I used to haul in 1+lb bluegill after the other and lots of bass and pickerel in between. Now the fishing has died somewhat but there is still good fishing in that area. thanks for sharing.