OK, don't care what ya'll say

tjsa

Caught a few walleye on Sunday. Kept one 14 inch fish, all others were smaller.

I never clean them the same day, always a day later, or in this case, today(holiday)

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm

Fresh..........vs................whatever...............

Just finished filleting it, and cooking it, and eating it, along with scrambled eggs and toast, and.................................honestly, other than being in the great outdoors,(where everything tastes different over an open fire, (even fried spam sandwiches, have ate them, they were good) | cannot tell the difference between fresh walleye or even 2 days later filleted walleye

I am quite sated presently, and I think I am gonna grab a cold beer to wash it down now, despite the hour.

Heck, its a holiday day!!!!!!!!

Welll ill tell ya this, I know for a fact that fish thats sat overnite is much firmer than fresh when cooking it... and as for the beer at this hour... I can't believe it.. you would never catch me doing that! :blush:

What ever you do don't let them beers get 2 days old :D ...

[/quote

As if................ :lol:

And TJQ, I didn't take pictures this time, last time I did that, you dressed me down, :lol:

OK, I always clean then a day later. Living in the city with 2 refriderators allow me that luxury, and they are definatly much easier to clean the next day(walleye).

Guest Johnny Bass

I do the worst thing! I throw the fish guts and all into the freezer!!Which is supposed to be a no no.

Thaw it out days, weeks, sometimes months later. Defrost it, clean it ,cook it and it always tastes great!!

I also noticed that if you put saran wrap on the fillets and let them sit in the fridge for a day, the fish is firmer and fries better also. I'll slightly rinse them in water right before,so the fish crisp sticks.The secret to great tasting fish is using roasted garlic and butter fish crisp and don't fry in burnt oil!!! :thumbsup_anim:

I do the worst thing! I throw the fish guts and all into the freezer!!Which is supposed to be a no no.

Thaw it out days, weeks, sometimes months later. Defrost it, clean it ,cook it and it always tastes great!!

I also noticed that if you put saran wrap on the fillets and let them sit in the fridge for a day, the fish is firmer and fries better also. I'll slightly rinse them in water right before,so the fish crisp sticks.The secret to great tasting fish is using roasted garlic and butter fish crisp and don't fry in burnt oil!!! :thumbsup_anim:

I have indeed frozen them whole myself, when time is limited. I have not noticed any difference in taste when thawed, filleted, and cooked.

Never done the saran wrap thing though.