Canoe accident kills pair

Clampet

I witnessed a canoe flip this past weekend. THankfully this one ended up OK. I was fishing a canal and looked up from fishing as the boat went sideways and a father and his two sons went over. The two boys were wearing life jackets and were fine, dad was not. Real intelligent. He had a flotaing seat cushion that he grabbed flaoting by him and was also fine. THe boat somehow floated just submerged under the water........they swam the canoe to shore as i asked repeatedly if he needed another swimmer to help them get in. Took my shoes off and emptied my pockets, The kids said they were OK, and the dad never said a word.......didnt even acknowledge me. think he was embarrassed or to proud to ask for help. Coulda been worse seeing as how this was a deep canal, and lots of BIG boats travel thru it, which makes me wonder why he didnt have a life jacket on even more. I made sure he got to shore and asked if he needed help getting the canoe dumped, he basically looked at me almost angry and i just walked away. Guy seemed ticked as i can understand, but when someones tryin to help......a response would be nice. Could have been ugly