Christie Lake Conservarion Area

dobee

Hi Everyone,

Id like to take my fiancé out for some fishing on Saturday .weather permitting, don’t want to get into anything serious just to do some bobber fishing, I was looking up conservation areas around my place and found Christie lake conservation area, I noticed on their site it stated they had 9 stocked rainbow ponds and boats for rent…. Has anyone been fishing here before with family or friends? If so, any tips on where to fish? and if there are other good spots to take her fishing, please let me know

Any help would be awesome

thanks

....I used to fish it regularly in my youth (many moons ago) and have been there only occasionally in the last 20 years. The ponds used to be stocked with decent brookies and rainbows but now it's only rainbows and some pretty tiny ones at that. You'll find the first 7 of the 9 ponds are the only ones worth fishing in with ponds 4, 5, 6 and 7 offering shady areas to avoid the sun. The lake has pike and largemouth bass though I've personally never fished it.

Light line under a bobber will do fine, try worms, corn or salmon eggs.

hey hey

was there on Tuesday

We fished for about 4 hours and got 1 bite a 4 inch crappie

You cant rent boats yet but the lake looks promising

Try pond # 9 the one that's wheelchair accesible very nice and off by itself no one was there to bug us

~~ dave

They drain the reservoir every year. Because of that, the fishing tends to lack. Fished it a couple years ago and caught nothing in 4 hours, then some workers from the conservation area pointed us towards Valens after informing us about them draining the lake annually.