Green Worms!?!

Jen

It is Tuesday June 24th, the marina was slow today, so I wandered around stopping to talk to James47 and his sister who were both fishing … they hadn't caught anything yet … having tried the pond and then the banks of the river, they were definitely putting in a concerted effort. Which is when I decided they needed a little help… off to my tackle box I handed them a spinner bait as well as a new secret weapon we have been trying out here at fishmasters.

Immediately the spinner bait paid off with the capture of one sunfish…

Way to go guys!

Now to discuss the secret weapon.

On the 21st, my son Little Jigger turned 11. He has been saving the money he gets from doing odd jobs for a Bearded Dragon . Since he does such a great job around here taking care of the puppies and people, Steve and I decided it would be the perfect birthday gift.

June24Marina005.jpg

Along with this dragon had to come food, which is how this story begins. The man supplying the dragon with this food also carries a variety of other critters… Silk worms, Wax Worms, Butter Worms, Crickets, and these GREEN WORMS ( I don't know the technical name for them)… After he got Little Jigger all set up he gave us some samples to try out… Which we have been giving to people to try out on the river.

June24Marina003.jpg

This is what was caught today in the Marina off one of the poles on a jig and bobber by James47.

June24Marina001.jpg

I have tried them myself with no luck, although I wasn't using a jig head and a bobber… Live and learn…all you really need is a little hope, a hook, line, bobber and a green worm…

You kids taught me a lesson or two today, Thanks…

Cheers,

Jen

(Bernadette)

Be very careful with these worms.. or your neighbours might not like you much when their gardens are destroyed by these nasty little eating machines...

PS.. They will cocoon and become a moth spreading themselves further...

Why not try regular Nitro worms instead?

I think that 'green worm' in the picture you posted would be considered a caterpillar.

After its metamorphsis it turns into a moth.

Here is a picture of green dyed nightcrawlers that are actually used for fishing.

IMG_0004-7.jpg

cheers, ehg

Be very careful with these worms.. or your neighbours might not like you much when their gardens are destroyed by these nasty little eating machines...

PS.. They will cocoon and become a moth spreading themselves further...

Why not try regular Nitro worms instead?

I am very careful with critters like these... They do not last very long without food and explode when you put a hook through them. Therefore when they go into the water they are definately dead.

Nitro Worms work well definately, however they can be bought and these were just a freebee that I was trying out and couldn't get to work.

The impressive part of the story was that this young man managed with patience to get something totally unorthodox to work through patience and preserverence...Well done and kudos to James...

He will read this certainly and be trying Nitro Worms... Maybe he will let us know how he does on them...

Cheers

Jen