Tackle Shop Line Spooling

muskymike

So I decided to purchase another reel yesterday, I picked up the Shimano Tekota 600LC for my St. Croix 8' Glass rod.

After I purchased it (at JB's) Steve asked if i wanted it spooled. "How much?" I say. He looks at his chart and says $22. I couldnt be more surprised. A 300 yard spool of 80 or 100# PP is almost $80. I got backing, the line and it was spooled for me for $29 plus tax. yes i know the numbers dont jive, but he told me $22 and it cost $29 oh well.

I was amazed at the price difference.

Once again, Good On Ya JB's. Now Steve, where is my hat???

In the States a lot of the lines are almost half (Some even less than half) the price of what we pay here in Canada. 300yards of 65lb PowerPro costs around $25 at Cabelas or BassPro (add $4 for 80-100lb). I always smuggle a few spools back with me when I travel over. Failing that, my friends bring stuff back for me for cheap when they travel to the US.

JB's spooled my Okuma Induron for nothing (I purchased the 50lb SpiderWire Ultracast). Didn't charge me for the 20lb mono backing or anything..

Great guys over there.

Now if I could only christen the wrong word rod with a musky I'd be alot happier :)