Father's Day gift

So....it's my second father's day...first one was a blur because i was asleep in the hospital just after my daughter was born. Anyway, I got $150 gift certificate from Natural Sports...the local tackle shop....anyway, i needed a new spinning combo, i had been using one that was 14 years old and falling apart, the other was a $20 ready to fish combo from Walmart..anyway, i picked up:

6'6" 2 pc, medium action Shimano Convergence rod and a Shimano Soltace 2000 reel...

I also bought my dad a ready to fish Daiwa combo...he hasn't been out fishing in years...i think i was 15 or 16 the last time we really went fishing together and he hasn't had a good rod and reel since his last one fell apart 10 years ago. So we're not going very far, back to some old stomping grounds we used to be successful with the toothy critters. I hope we can hook in to a few. It would be nice for him to catch something, especially after all he's been through.

sounds like a great fathers day gift for you and your dad, dont hesitate to get out there with your dad, you never know how much time you may have left on this earth, make the best of every moment you can. my dad is still able to get out to our farm pond, but any big adventure is out of the question for him now though, but we still enjoy the time together. now its more about talking than fishing with us.

jason