~~~Two days Phishen Saturday chasen Whities

oldphart

~~~Winston met up with me at my place, with coffee in hand, and as we enjoyed the coffee waiting for 2 other buds Slug, and Shovel to show up. When they arrived we hooked the Widdle Green Machine up and head to Simcoe, nice drive weather breaking, gaps in the clouds, yes should be a great day the Hell with the Weatherman, and as we turned left on to 48 it started to rain, and the close we got to Sibalds, it was pouring. So we sat there for a short time, and it started to lighten up so after a quick stop at the Throne room, we launched the boat. Then another bud who was already in the water waiting for the rain to ease, say he had been out there, with his wife, and got caught in the down pour, and she didn't want to go back out and since there were 4 of us would someone like to go ewith him, well I was half way out of my seat, when Winston reminded me I had to stay and drive the boat(fudge), and so he said he go because Shovel was sharing Slugs gear, and since he was already on the guys boat. Well we headed out us to deep water, about 79' just NW of Fox, well in wasn't to long before, Slugs lands the first one

100_0721.jpg

Shovel had one on and lost it, and Winston and his buddy arrived just as I hooked into one, but instead of watching the rod, and fight the tip I was too busy watching it on the phish finder, and lost it 15' off the bottom, well things slowed down we moved out deep staying well away from the Armada, we marked some phish but very little action, Winston transfered back over to us, kind of fun watching him walk on water, told him to walk on the other side he was scaring all my phish. So after checking out a couple of other spots, we headed back to our first spot, and sure enough we had active phish just off bottom, and again Slug lands the first one, here is showing his rod technic

100_0722.jpg

and was rewarded this nice beauty

100_0724.jpg

not to be out done and losing a few Winston hooks in to one and while he was fighten it I gave him a report of what it was doing

100_0725.jpg

you can see his phish was all over the screen with alot of active phish on the bottom, he finally land it, with a big smile, because he promised the GF, he bring one home for her to clean, what a girl

100_0726.jpg

at this point both me and Shovel were phishless, we had phish on but not for long, and finally Shovel hooks into one, and gets it aboard, his Shunk is gone, been trying for years to land a Simcoe Whitie and finally he had one, no pics of it my batteries had died, but Slug got a shot of it, ot to sure how many were hooked into between the 4 of us, or how many the guys were able to land, We ended the day with some light Perch action, got checked out by the boys, in brown. All in all had a great day on the water, no one was safe from the ribbing that went on, a good time had by all ~~~Thanks Guys for another great day See you tomorrow

~~~THe battle of the Canal Lake Zone

~~~It was a tough day, with many casualties. Day started at my place with Slug showing up ready to battle, and just as we were getting ready to leave for the front, we received a coded message, private Winston, had gone AWOL from, the Stockade, and was on his way over, so after he joined us were stocked up on ammo, and mrte(for you non-combatants, meals ready to eat) We headed out knowing, we may not see our love ones ever again, or at least 3pm. Our objection was to lower the amount of the Dreaded Crappie, and the ever Hand Chomping Mr. Pike.

Well we entered the Canal Zone at the notorious Sunset Marina, slipping up steam, we set up our ambush site and started firing, I took the first enemy, and released him, on his honor that he wouldn't tell the others

100_0727.jpg

Private Winston was next to take an enemy, a little chunky, and he fought hard but lost out, and he also promise to keep his mouth shut

100_0728.jpg

and then I saw what we came for, and took my shot, sure and true am I

100_0729.jpg

the enemy was in No Phish Zone and we were on them, but no high ranking leaders, but they gave us a great fight

100_0730.jpg

Having done enough damage to with a lot of collateral damage, we move off looking for the Slime Dripping Pike, he was well hidden as these two found out

100_0732.jpg

We thought we saw one trying to lure us into a prop clogging weed mat, but Pfc Winston took a shot at him at 25' to see it was one of theirs earlier causalities from another battle.

Saw one thunder head, away off in the distant so we decide to head for the LZ, and head home, and got home before the main storm hit