Fenwick Highlander II

sunfish

I just bought a Fenwick Highlander II real at canadian tires for $39.99 reg. price $79.99.

It 6.6 Medium Actions Spinning Rod. I figured with a name like Fenwick I really can't go wrong for that price. Anyone else have any insight on this rod. There is nothing on the website and not much on the web.

Cheers!

I bought the same one for $79.99 last winter. I'd had used the rod just for 1 week. A medium size ( around 3.5 - 4kg) pike broke it as a match on Berg 3 weeks ago. The carbon was a real crap. I have a lot of experience in fishing and know how to use spinning rod. Since that time I've not even looked at the name Frenwick. However, the rods from that company are really catching the eyes. They look perfect, but…. rotten inside.

May be you'll have better luck.

Those fenwicks are super mass produced for small chain stores. They are of poor quality, bad workmanship, cheap carbon. For light use they are great.

sp, I have a dozen Fenwicks with no problem, but I don't by them at CT. $79.99, you could have went to Lebaron and pick up a Fenwick HMX, which is 300% better. I use all thier line HMG AV, HMG, Techna AV, HMX, and Egal GT and never encountered a problem.

Any hooo, I don't work for them and yes there are better rods.

Daniel

OCH