Gibson Lake

Cudz

Has anyone fished Gibson Lake or is it Lake Gibson? It is in Muskoka. I read there are Pike and Walleye but have never been there and don't know where to start. I will try for some eyes earl in the morn using Jig and maybe live bait, bottom bouncing and probably go for Pike in the afternoon throwing all the regular stuff. I am moreso looking for locations. Don't have to be specific, just depths and general areas would be great. Going June 21st weekend.

thanks

Guest Johnny Bass

I hear the lake(North of six mile lake) has bass and pike and dogfish are plentiful. The pickerel are rare but with the water levels up, I would imagine they'd be more easily caught.

Give it a shot and let us know how you made out. Good luck.

If it the Gibson Lake I'm thinking of western edge of Muskoka, then it is on first nations land, and you may need to speek with the band leaders to seek their permission. May only be a smiple matter of respect, but worth it in the long run.

Just JOHN

If it the Gibson Lake I'm thinking of western edge of Muskoka, then it is on first nations land, and you may need to speek with the band leaders to seek their permission. May only be a smiple matter of respect, but worth it in the long run.

Just JOHN

It is First Nations land but my friend leases it and has a cottage there so they already have permission to fish. We are good to go there. I just need to know what I am actually fishing for and if there are any specific locations that might be better than others.

hey i read this in one of my hardwater reports maybe it can help, they were talking about crappie thru the ice but maybe the guys at backwater can help or at least tell u if this is the same lake we r talking about

Brian Berriault, at Backwater, says 6-Mile and Gibson Lakes north of Port Severn should also kick out big slabs this winter. They were hot for 12- to 15-inchers in the fall.

www.backwatertackle.com, phone 1-800-675-4071 or 705-527-7351

hey i read this in one of my hardwater reports maybe it can help, they were talking about crappie thru the ice but maybe the guys at backwater can help or at least tell u if this is the same lake we r talking about

Brian Berriault, at Backwater, says 6-Mile and Gibson Lakes north of Port Severn should also kick out big slabs this winter. They were hot for 12- to 15-inchers in the fall.

www.backwatertackle.com, phone 1-800-675-4071 or 705-527-7351

Thanks

I work in Penetang so I will talk to Brian.