Quick report

fishnsled

After getting some things done on Saturday morning, I was on the lake by 10am. Threw for muskies for about 3 hours and not a sign. Decided to take a break for a bite to eat and threw out a jig and boated this 12 and 3/4 inch slab.

crappie.jpg

Into the livewell in hopes of putting together a meal. Fished for couple more hours with only smaller fish willing to bite. Back she went for someone to catch another day. Off the water around 3 and headed to my nephew's 21st birthday. Talk about feeling old, not him! Me.

The boat will be dry docked for a couple of weeks now but I'll still be fishing. We will be flying in to Mikwam with Cochrane Air on Friday morning. BIG report to come. :D

Nice report Will...and that is one big slab you got there! Good luck on your fly-in....really looking foward to the pics and story behind that trip! We'll chat all about it fishing for carp closer to home once you're back...hehe.

Guest Johnny Bass

I think the sun has driven the Musky's deeper in the day. Nice Crappie. You could have had a meal with that slab. With some fries on the side!

Thanks for the replies.

ccmt - We'll definitely get out for some carp when I get back. Was hoping to do it before I left but just too much stuff to get done before I go.

HH - Sorry for not calling but with the running around I had to do I didn't want to drag someone along not knowing when I'd be on the water.

JB - Yep, was working the weed edges breaking into 12ft of water in an area where I had many muskies before. For some reason they didn't want to say hi that day. The crappie would have made a nice meal for one. I've already had a good feed of them and decided to let it go to grow for another day. :Gonefishing::)