Heads up (Rice)

b2kptbo

:clapping::clapping::clapping:

they should do regular checks at alot of places for sure, I always welcome seeing the OOP boat or the MNR when out at my camp...too often you see boats loaded up with too many people, or people just plain not obeying the rules of the road.

Thier presence on the water for a few days can get word out quick and get people to thinking on being safe around the water..specially in scenarios like people water skiing and tubing and stuff..either not haveing a proper spotter, or not having a seat in the boat for the person in tow...they count as a passenger in the boat!!!

Heck even my kids..well my 2 older girls,5 year old has alot to learn but she is learning all the time and loves it on and around the water...anyways even my older girls know what they need to have in the boat for safety gear ect...they been in boats since weeks old..it's up to us to teach them...they have my old 12 footer tinner they use as a row boat...when they where smaller we would let them take it out with a big rope tied to the dock so they could only go so far out, but yet still fish, goof off and feel big, now they don't go out without myslef or one of the neighbours outside in the yard with boats in the water ready to go anytime that can go help them in a pinch or if the wind kicks up and they can't paddle back...they have to stay within site of camp....and they don't go anywhere without lifejackets on or a safety kit in the row boat with them.

I know if I get stopped and checked, I have everything I need in the boat with me and probably a bit more,a copy of the ownership/registration for the boat, and since recently my PCO card.

Thanks for the reminder, and cheers to a safe boating season in 2008

Edited by jwl

I always have everything required and always adhere to the regulations.

Nothing for me to worry about.

I think it's great that they are making themselves seen often.

I'd like to see higher fines for fish limit and fishing license infractions.

Also sanctuary violations.

A few more officers would be great.

In my opinion, there should be twice as many CO's as they have now.