fuel consumption???

Guest robw

Guest robw

I just recently bought an 18' center console with a 94' 150hp merc on it. I have'nt been able to afford to fill it completely yet (60 gal tank), and I was wondering what it costs others with a similar setup (ballpark) to troll for a few hours. I use my 9.9 kicker whenever possible. Any examples or ideas would be great. I have no idea yet what this boat will cost to run.

robv

wish I could help ya more Bud!

Ive a 115hp and i put $50 in each time I go out..

Never been out more then 4hrs yet tho..till this opener weekend anyway..

Ive a problem tho,..the freaking gas gauge doesnt work and you cant see the sides of the tank only the top.(Builtin)

Ive checked everything electrical wise and cant find the problem..(Incl.Fuses)..my radio doesnt work either?????

Everythng else works just fine....its a new to me boat...Ill have to take it in to find out for sure.

Last time out I spent about 3 of the 4 hrs on the trolling motor so's it dont count...still the $50 went in.

From past posts,

Ive just heard that if your not full throttle all the time the consumption should be fine....or less.

Is it a 4strk you have?????

Wish I could have been of more help.

bNb

EDIT: the first time I put gas in it It took probably about twenty minutes pumping very, very slowly until the fuel in reached the top of the funnel I was using to just make sure it was completely full.

Edited by brickNblock

my Mako with my 115 E tec all day out full run up to the French river Bustard Iliands im looking at 75-80 bucks ive got a 35 gallon tank,and I run the main channel WOT when its calm enough,and troll all day,it hurts a lil at the end of the day but its worth it

Guest robw

It;s a 2 stroke. I'm hoping it does'nt cost too much more then $40-$50 each time I go trolling, or my fishing trips will be cut short by my personal banker (wife).

Guest robw

I think I might just have to bite the bullet and fill it full. Go out fishing, then fill it again, to get an idea. Just trying to think of a way to explin the importance of speding $300 of gas on my boat, to my wife........stupid speed bumps. lol

Well I love having a 4 stroke .50HP Honda 4 stroke and 2hp Honda 4 stroke Kicker

I took my motor off my Lund SSV 18 footer it burned more gas on this boat because of the flat hull.

I now have a Lund 1660 Classic twice the weight and uses less gas.

The new IPS hull technology is amazing.

A recent trip to Quinte fishing 10 hours per day for three days

Total fuel cost $32 for 3 days.Can't complain about that.

:D

Edited by Mike the Pike