Rice Fishing lately?

tbayboy

Hey everyone. Going to be out on Rice Sunday and was wondering if anyone has any recent experience with her they wouldn't mind sharing? We'll be launching near Gores Landing and we've got a few spots marked out for checking but I'm always looking for help (hey I need all the help I can get). Targeting 'eyes for the most part but if there's any crappie still around that would be a nice as well.

Thanks in advance (PM me if you want to keep anything away from the all seeing eye)

Sean

Edited by TbayBoy

scattered...very scattered....have only had luck trolling hard baits for them over drop-offs....I have fished it every weekend since the opener and haven't seen much success from the jig fisherman....fished on the two main drop offs with the 50 other boats on the opener and saw a hand full of fish come from jigging....put in some time fishing weed edges and points of islands with crankbaits and you should produce...key depth is 12-16ft of water running a 10ft diving crankbait

don't get me wrong...rice is a big lake and I only fish pretty much from bewdley to the mouth of the otonabee...who knows, the top end of the lake could be on fire !!! pm me when you get back tomorrow and let me know how you did as i could use some info on the conditions for my trip out their on Sunday

Dave

We did pretty good there today. We were fishing shallow again. 6-10 ft or water with Crankbaits. Water was pretty murky in spots. Only got a few on Jigs. Weed growth is 1 ft below the surface right now in most areas. Best bet would be a bucktail or casting along the edges with a Crankbait. Watch out for muskie, they are there as well.

Thanks smallie. Dave - we're not going to Sunday so I won't know anything til your out there (actually you'll probably beat us - we're renting so we won't get out til they open)

Edited by TbayBoy

We might ust do that Mike - I think a lot will depend on the winds - they're showing 30k west winds in the forecast now so we might limitedin options with the little rental tinny. Oh and I picked up one of the 10' crappe poles from Lebaron - wonder if the spots in Pigeon are still holding fish?