Weekend night fishing

rhare

What a nice weekend, too bad we couldnt get weather like that for the long weekend :dunno:

Anyways, went out for some eyes on friday night after getting my first last weekend I was excited to give it another shot.

Well it didnt take long, third cast I hit a nice 3.5-4lbs eye on the reef runner. Fought really well even peeled some line.

not to be out done Dan get's a nice fish in the 2lbs range on the rouge. Things slowed a bit so we switched to worms.

lots of missed mystery hits but did manage one lunker cat!!

DSCF0827.jpg

DSCF0834.jpg

DSCF0835.jpg

I also picked up a kayak last week from CT, nothing special but I figured it would be a great start.

Drove right from the store to the river outside of town and yaked back in. It was my first time ever kayaking but it was really easy even in a fairly fast flowing river. After deciding I was happy with the new purchase, I thought that it was time to make some mods. After seeing some of the fishing kayaks on the site I added a berkley rod holder, anchor tie off, X67c fishfinder and made a nifty removable transducer mount.

Any other ideas for add ons guys??

After getting her rigged I went out last night in search of some eyes. Missed a few fish and managed a clam but I was pumped with the kayak.

Great fishing rig for one guy.

first trip

100_1182.jpg

mod shot

100_1187.jpg

night fishing shots

100_1189.jpg

100_1190.jpg

100_1191.jpg

great stuff!

Warning!! once you start catching fish from the yak, it can become quite addictive!

about the transducer;

they will shoot thru the hull no problem and you won't have to worry about it getting hung up on anything.

there's lots of rigging ideas on Yakfisher.net and CanadianKayakAnglers.com - they are both Canadian sites and one is for Ontario.

Keep those reports coming!

thanks guys,I think lights are a must. I have a head lamp that works well even for charging the glow lure/jigs,

I wondered about just mounting the transducer through the hull. I switch my finder from canoe to boat and now to yak.

Once i was to mount the transducer assuming using epoxy, I wont be able to remove it right?

Ive never mounted a perm tansducer.

Just a bit of info for everyone, its cheaper to buy a cuda128 and use the skimmer transducer from it for your Lowrance X67c. I use it for ice fishing and to buy the skimmer is $200. the cuda is $99 for the complete unit.FYI

Nice yak. I second the motion for lights if you're going to do any night fishing. Kayakfishingstuff.com has loads of info on rigging and ideas you could use on your yak. It's mainly a saltwater and SOT kayak site but still has some useful info.