Weekend Report

Pachone

Hey guys,

So this weekend i had alot of firsts. First fish of the season, my first time catching a trout. my first time using waders. and this is my first time writing a report lol. Lets hope i get the picture thing down.

So i headed up north on the 115 a bit on saturday and my uncle has got some property. Im pretty sure its a stream off wilmot creek that runs through it, but it was beautiful. He happens to have a sweet lil honey hole sitting there, and i had it all to myself. I was surprised the fish were still there but it did go pretty deep. SO i slipped on the waders, and walked in...using an eagle claw hook, mono line, and worms with a splitshot...no float...the water was crystal clear.

So it takes me an hour or two to feel the fish out and get my strategy down. tried a few things and lost 1 fish, due to trying to tighten the drag and it jumped (newb)...so i changed up to a small spinner and this was the first fish of the season :

troutaa2.th.jpg

torutttttfr4.th.jpg

She was a beaut...as i didnt have net, i landed it bare handed, and had to bring it up on the bank to get my camera : i wanted this one for the team. Unfortunately...didnt get a measurement...thinking maybe 21 -22 inchs? maybe 4 lbs dont know :wallbash: but i did manage to get the team logo in. :D

Next one i caught was a bit smaller, and i caught using worms. What a great fight he gave :clapping:

dinnertimeta9.th.jpg

dinnerxf3.th.jpg

After him i caught the monster. Probably 10 or 12 lbs...absolute beauty...fought her about 10 minutes...she did some insane aerial moves...and one good headbash, and she was free :wallbash: (i love how they always swim back in full view to mock you lol)

That was that for saturday and i went home and cooked the smaller trout up...so pumped didnt get any shots or weights :( allwell

Sunday hit up Frenchmans for Pike > Nothing. Then the bluffs...Nothing. Did see a massive rainbow do a follow up on my buddies huge pike lure, but nothing else. Skunked, but a good lure wash and day outside...Licks burgers made it better :P

And that was that... Im going to ALGONQUIN on Wednesday, and ill bring back a hefty report for yall!

Pachone

Edited by Pachone

Nice report dude!

Congrats on breaking into the trout scene.

Warning - it WILL get addictive!

Algonquin this week...MUST BE NICE!!

I just scheduled a trip for August, but I wish it was this week! haha.

Looking forward to your report!

Guest Johnny Bass

Thats a great first report! Trout fishing is great if you can get away from the crowds. Looks like you got your self a private honey hole. Good luck at Algonquin and looking forward to the report.