Pic Posting Question

Chris

I would like to try posting a picture for the first time. Most of the pics from my camera are about 1 meg in size with dimensions of approx. 31 x 24 inches at 72 dpi. How small should I resample before posting? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You shouldn't have to do anything to your pics. At the bottom of your new topic post, or reply to a post, there is an option for uploading pictures. Select "browse" and choose your picture file wherever it is located on your pc, and hit upload, another box will show up to say "add picture, or image" to post, then hit "add reply".

No you can't put 31 inch pics here. You'll need to resize them to something like 800px X 600 px. Try using either Irfan View or Gimp software to edit your pics. Both are free. Cameras usually come with some software that will do this for you, but if not, Google for the two programs mentioned.

Ideally, a pic for the internet doesn't need to be over 100K in file size when 800px wide, unless special color adjustments are made.