~~~2 Days of Phishen

oldphart

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~~~Slug and I headed up to the Severn to try for some Walleyes, and Cats. Launched at the Shamrock Marina, Trailer Park, great operation crew, great ramp, well protected from the winds, and currents, headed up stream, nice to see the water levels down about a foot, from 2 weeks ago, where most of the docks were under water. Got the spot and anchored up, and with the current, still flowing strong we had one snag after the other, happily, I was able to land the first Eye, going to look great on a plate(Slug has the pic) landed another one a lot smaller, let it go Slug got one, same size I had released

100_0688.jpg

things really shot down at this time, went further up stream met Walleyedreamer, with 2 buddies, who were having a tough go of it, I should mention WD usually phish this area at 4am, and is in bed by 9am, but he stay up, to be with us. Slug and I headed down stream to hole we knew, about 55' deep, leaving WD to keep hunting for his anchor which he lost. Saw a few locals

100_0689.jpg

who told us where to drop anchor, and drift on to the edge of the hole, started casting our lines down stream with 2oz. weight drop sinker, and "PHISH ON GET THE NET" and in it came purring

100_0691.jpg

well Slugs hey I can catch then too remember last this mine weight, YEA YEA YEA I know 16lb.s I was there, well he say I got another one on, and sure enough he brings this one in,

100_0692.jpg

Not bad, well this went on with a hit every cast, landing a few eyes for dinner, releasing a lot of smaller one, then I hook into this find beauty

100_0693.jpg

, and then we turn around and who shows up but WD, and crew, one is his best friend from Poland who is heading back today, and WD shows that he can land one also

100_0694.jpg

Well Slug had to get back to town for Momma B-Day dinner so we had to got taking with our limit of eyes, and 4 Cats.

~~O Sunday Slug was to be working, but was able to rearrange his plans so we headed up to Lady Simcoe, and headed out it was 11:30 when we left the dock, and headed out to deep water, marked a lot of phish but no takers, moved here and there into this Armada, then over to that Armada, and finally phish on

100_0702.jpg

followed shortly by this very young dinner companion

100_0703.jpg

and not to go smelling like a skunk Slug has a major battle on his hands, and with his wife cheering him on he fought this widdle bugger in,

100_0704.jpg

and with that we headed in