Moon River Basin

snag

Where exactly are you going? Where will you be launching?

I will be launching exactly from here:

Not Spam! lol

And heading east toward the falls to camp.

I caught and lost a monster pike there last year and I'm hoping to reunite with it!

there are monsters of all species in this area, but they can be hard to come by. troll the channels between your basin and woods bay and cast into the reeds for some monster pike and 'skies. We had luck with believers and big bucktails. either you see em or you dont, that area can be hit or miss, but perseverance pays off huge if you keep your line in the water.

good luck!

we stayed at the same place, took the little 2 man cabin; make sure they have minnows to sell you before you get in, the road in is brutal so i hope you have a 4 x 4

I was there last weekend and didn't have much luck. We landed 6 pike. The conditions were terrible. Good luck.

I'll be happy to catch anything!

I'm not bragging but I went with the same folks last year and none of them landed a single fish.

I did fine. :whistling:

They started muttering about a golf vacation so I hope we do better!!! :wallbash:

there are monsters of all species in this area, but they can be hard to come by. troll the channels between your basin and woods bay and cast into the reeds for some monster pike and 'skies. We had luck with believers and big bucktails. either you see em or you dont, that area can be hit or miss, but perseverance pays off huge if you keep your line in the water.

good luck!

we stayed at the same place, took the little 2 man cabin; make sure they have minnows to sell you before you get in, the road in is brutal so i hope you have a 4 x 4

Thanks addy, yeah that road is a little bumpy :stretcher:

It drives me nuts that the guys prefer this weekend when 'skies are off limits and the campsite is beside the sactuary!! :wallbash:

Have any of you ventured up the falls to fish?

We tried last year, and not a single bite or sighting!! :dunno:

I was the second in the two man cabin with addy79 on that trip. Cabins were really nice and kept. The road in was pretty rough. Boats were awsome...stable and enough room for alot of gear. We went during 'ski season and I landed my PB there. Didn't really target pickereyes, although heard the populations in the area were sparse. I would recomend a jig and minnow presentation in the mouth of the straight opening up into Blackstone. Best of luck.

reefrunner

edit. p.s. I beleive we did get into the falls but it was midday and we didn't have any luck there. It's always worth a shot bud. I'd go back and giver another try next time.

Edited by reefrunner

I was the second in the two man cabin with addy79 on that trip. Cabins were really nice and kept. The road in was pretty rough. Boats were awsome...stable and enough room for alot of gear. We went during 'ski season and I landed my PB there. Didn't really target pickereyes, although heard the populations in the area were sparse. I would recomend a jig and minnow presentation in the mouth of the straight opening up into Blackstone. Best of luck.

reefrunner

edit. p.s. I beleive we did get into the falls but it was midday and we didn't have any luck there. It's always worth a shot bud. I'd go back and giver another try next time.

Thanks Reefer,

I think Kevin is the owners name. He was a great guy and very accomodating.

I might be stuck in a kayak for the weekend but his rates on the boat rentals are very reasonable.

He joked that everyone thinks he's got it great there. But he said that since he bought the place a few years back, it's constant maintenance and no leisure time!

I'll take your advice on the eyes presentation. (no luck last year!)

I'll bug you guys again for info on the musky info if I can get there later too.

Sadly, the lunar cycle and bright days will not be in my favour. The warmth will help.

Thanks again guys,

S.

as Reefrunner was sayin, we ventured up mid day and were skunked, i think that spot only really produces for a few weeks out of the year. we tried heading out that way at night to test our luck but had a hard time navigating and decided to head back in.

If you want to target the eyes i would stick to the reefs in the main bay (Woods Bay) big water, but probably biggest populations of em too.