Lower Buckhorn fishing

e-z-out

Well had a great time in lower Buckhorn as always stayed at SUNRISE RESORT

Your Hosts: Cees & Anya Slothouber are great people to deal with.

YourHosts.jpg

Friday was just beautiful had a great time walking around town checking out the shops and doing a little bit of gear shopping behind the wifes back.

No fishing friday had to wait till 12am May 17th since thats when fishing opens in lower Buckhorn.

Well i started fishing from 12am till 3am and man was the bite on with in 40min of haveing the line wet i had already landed 28 big fat crappie.

At this point i forgot the camara was having way to much fun.

Well around 2:40am i was about to call it quits when out of no wear i felt a hard hit. I knew it had to bigger then a crappie and low and behold i pulled out a 24" Walleye.

All this time i had been fishing just from the dock and it had been a great nite.

I was useing a C8025MGX Pflueger Supreme Spinning reel along with the power pro 5 pound braided line and Shakespeare Ugly Stick Lite Graphite rod nice little set-up for under $175.

Well when i did remember the camara it was just about to clean my catch from my 6am fishing trip the fallowing day.

051708150427.jpg

051708150413.jpg

051708150336.jpg

DuskDawn_1.jpg

DuskDawn_2.jpg

DuskDawn_3.jpg

DuskDawn_4.jpg

DuskDawn_5.jpg

Surroundings_2.jpg

Surroundings_1.jpg

Surroundings_3.jpg

Surroundings_4.jpg

Lounge.jpg

TV_1.jpg

Great Report! Which lake did u fish on? I go up on Chemonge Lake in the summer

Lower Buckhorn lake next to lock 31 didn't realy fish the rest of the lake all the big Walleye where in that spot.

Guest Johnny Bass

Thanks for the report. No wonder I never catch crappie in Buckhorn. They bite at night! It could also be those musky lures I use. :thumbsup_anim: