Monday Report

keram

Went with my friend to our favored lake. At 6:30 am was only 4 ºC and wind has started picking up. It did not look good.

med_gallery_186_422_70623.jpg

med_gallery_186_422_30468.jpg

By 9 am the conditions were brutal ( cold, high wind and white caps on the water :w00t: ) By that time we've checked all our honey holes, but nothing liked our offerings. We were almost ready to quit, but in desperation decided to check one more spot which looked promissing on the hydro map. After casting for liitle bit we've switched to trolling ( due to frozen hands ). Boat was jumping like a bober, but maybe this was a reason why by 10 am we were sweating little bit. In this hour all hel$ broke lose. We hooked three pikes (35" +/- 2") and lost them all at the boatside :angry::angry: ( for this body of water 35" pike is a big one ). Then 2 LMB approx 3.5 and 4 lb :w00t: . They did not want to practise "long distance release", so we had to do it manually :thumbsup_anim: . We've moved to the side of this honey hole (about 100 m). As a insult to the injury I've hooked chunky (38 - 40") muskie with some strange coloration. After checking the picture at home I'm sure it was so called "barred muskie". We've left the spot (but we will be back at right time ) :devil::thumbsup_anim: . On the way to boat launch each of us hooked smaller pike 24" and 26" (still trolling). The've accepted the invitation for fish fry contest. My hands were too frozen to take a pictures. Hope the weather will be more cooperative next weekend