Any electrician(s) here ?

mikeymikey

Hello.

In case anyone can help me with my problem.

Since several days ago I've been hearing some sort of a electrical buzzing noise (not too loud but still enough that you can hear it and annoy you) from both of the bathrooms.

For additional informations...

Light & Vent fan have seperate switches. Both bathrooms are using one of those florecent light bulbs.

Even when I remove the bulbs and turn on the switch I can still hear the electrical buzzing.

Anyone know what might be the problem ?

Edited by mikeymikey

Go to breaker/fuse panel and turn main disconnect "OFF", buzzing sound should go away.

Aluminium wiring? Sounds like wiring may have used the simple, strip wire and push in hole thingy.

Do you have any experience or knowledge of electricity?

Go to breaker/fuse panel and turn main disconnect "OFF", buzzing sound should go away.

Aluminium wiring? Sounds like wiring may have used the simple, strip wire and push in hole thingy.

Do you have any experience or knowledge of electricity?

No experience with electrical wiring.

Nothing have been touched... it just started happening.

Could it be a problem with the fuse? Wiring gone too old ?

Should I pull out the switch cover and see if anything seems odd ?

Old fuses will not cause buzzing. Bathrooms are very humid places, this can cause problems.

Make sure power to circuit is off, I mean make absolutely sure power is off!

Do you have method of checking if power is off? I hope you understand where I'm coming from.

I would, after power is off, remove the switch cover and check switch wiring and look for loose wiring.

If wires are stuffed into the holes and not under the screws, you'll see what I mean, the connections could be weak. Put wires under srew terminals, only after you make sure, by testing, that power to circuit is off!

Edited by nofish4me

check you bathroom gfi"s just reset them, could be your lights or a much bigger issue, humming can be ballast's or connection issues, ifyou don't have much knowledge PLEASE CALL a qualified electrician in for an inspection rather see you a few dollars poorer than elertocuted or reading about a house fire.

also bathroom fans make sure they didn't seize up