universal sonar adapter cable problem

grt1

In 2002 I bought a minnkota maxxum 74 with a universal sonar . I hooked uop a Lowrance x65 to it using and adapter cable that you had to buy separatly. This year I was changing from the x65 to an Eagle Fishmark640c and when I was in Cabelas I picked up the adapter cable for this unit.

Then I went to install the unit and found the universal sonar plugs don't match. When I asked my marine dealer about it today he said that about 2 years ago MinnKota changed all their connection hardware. Evidently this was to stop after market manufacturing of items that fit minn kota.

However, i went to Johnson Outdoors (who sell the Minnkota products) and to LEI EXTRAS (who make the adapter cables). Both companies referred me to each other.

My marine dealer says he doesn't think there is an adapter out in the stores that will work.

What I need is a plug to fit a US6 on one end and a plug to fit a US2 on the other.

Has anyone seen one of these. I'm not buying a new trolling motor just to use the sonar. Any suggestions would be welcome