Lake Kashwakamak

dobee

Hey guys,

Headed to this lake with a couple friends on the may 24 weekend. Was hoping someone here has been to this lake before? and could give me some tips to fish this lake. its located north of kingston.

thanks alot!

dobee

i fished it once in the summer. we trolled some good size fat rap style baits and picked up a few wallys. then we would jig or slip float the area with minnows depends on the waves. always fish a rock shelf on the opposite side of the sun to find your wallys. lots of pike anything big and flashy will get em.

Where are you staying?

If targeting walleye it could be a tough go, definitely a hit or miss lake. Try the far end east around the dam, the point leading into that channel/arm, there is a big bay on the northside try around the eastern entrance of that, there are shoals around the dead middle of the lake another spot (the tops these shoals usually are above water but with high water they maybe just under and unmarked be careful). The far west side/bay of the lake is weedy most of it 10-12ft of water another spot maybe worth trying.

As far as lures and colours I would use all the usual suspects and colours, change up often till you find what's working. Worm harness, hard baits, suspending, jig, minnows, spinner etc.

The only other advice I can give you is to do a search on this site and maybe a couple others. Oh and don't forget the bug jacket, blackflies will be out in full force!

Fished there in the summer a couple of times years ago, caught alot of smallies and pike.

No doubt you will catch some pike. Locals said walleyes were on rock shoals in middle of lake,

but you might get one trolling slow and stealthily along first breakline or weedline in evening,

with some minnowbait (Rapala, thunderstick et al).

Good luck,

ehg

I go up to Lake K a couple weekends a year, mostly in the summer... beautiful ,clean, clear lake. You should have an awesome time. As Lostchild said and I'll agree the Walleyes are really hit or miss....hard to find and hard to get to bite. Theres really healthy Pike and Smallmouth populations there though. Ill send you a map with some hot spots circled...if you promise to post a report with a lotsss of pics :D A couple of the gas stations in the area sell maps with a general breakdown of the depths and structure in the Lake, definitely a good buy for $10. If the walleye are tough(ie leeches and minnows aren't wokin) I'd go for some gators! Ill send ya a pm in a bit

-Ben