Durham Conservation Area Fishing HELP!

nancur373

Hey guys. The wife, son, and I are going camping at Durham Conservation Area on the Saugeen River for the long weekend. Leaving Friday morning and comming bacl Monday. What species are there in the river and what is in season there? I have a 12' car topper and was wondering if I should take it. Any lakes around the area?

Thanks guys,

Curt

Durham CA has some brook brown and rainbow trout in the river there. There are a number of small lakes in the area but only 2 I know of with a launch/public access, Bells Lake northwest of Markdale and Wilcox lake southwest of Flesherton Both are on paved 'back' roads and a Grey/Brucemap should give the exact location. As for fish I haven't fished in either

Hope this helps

jjcanoe

i caught a rainbow, smallmouth, walleye, perch and a bullhead by the big dam i think its called dennys dam? cant remember it was a long time ago.. muskies are also in their aswell

Your thinking of Southhampton, durham is WAY up stream.

I had a trailer in that Park a while ago....Nice little place.

Fishing is hit and miss, but they are there.

To bad Bass isn't open though...

There are a TON of Bass right in the lake area of the Park.(lower lake..not the swimming hole)

Most are small, but if your son is Young its a great spot to smash into a bunch of Rock Bass, and Smaller Smallmouth.

But there are bigger ones to be found as well...I've caught them up to 18" in there.

But the Speck trout can be found in the River, as well as the Lake, but Like I said....its hit and miss.

If you have a fly rod you'll want to walk the river.

Good luck

Fishing is hit and miss, but they are there.

To bad Bass isn't open though...

There are a TON of Bass right in the lake area of the Park.(lower lake..not the swimming hole)

Most are small, but if your son is Young its a great spot to smash into a bunch of Rock Bass, and Smaller Smallmouth.

But there are bigger ones to be found as well...I've caught them up to 18" in there.

He's 16 months old. We'll put the spiderman rod to the test.