Learned a new word yesterday

holdfast

Time for a truckers strike.

Now why would I want to lose a days pay (or more) to protest against high gas prices? Why don't you do something about it?

The stupid gas prices are from spec buyers who are using gas as a place t put there money that is immune from the aMERICAN DOWNTURN IN OTHER AREAS OF THE MARKETS.

DING DING DING! Give the man the giant fuzzy giraffe!

Prior to the Enron days, online trading of energy resources was impossible. Enron lobbyists wanted energy commodities open for trade online to promote speculation trading and drive up energy prices. Once exempt from commodity trading laws prices began to soar from spec investors.

-Brian

It has never been explained to me why when the price per barrel of oil goes up, the gas at the pump is increased in price immediately but when it went down on the price per barrel, it takes 6 weeks to work it's way through the system.

if you take gas prices 10 years ago and compare it to the cost of living increases over the past decade you will find gas price rises are not as bad as you might think. it has gone up the same percentage as milk and bread and other staples. Just because it has risen quickly in the last 2 years ppl feel the need to complain. But when people pay over $1 for 500ml of bottled water or $2 for gatorade while complaining about gas increases i have to laugh.

Comparing gas to bottled water make me laugh as well tho. Those are completely 2 different things in just about every way, not to mention battled water is pretty overpriced anyway. Why not compare gas price to diamond? it'll make gas look like free! The major different IMO is for other things, ppl at least have a choice. You think bottled water is expensive? ok just fill a bottle with tap water.... You think gatorade is expensive? ok buy something else then. But with gas, there is no alternative (not like u can fill ur gas tank up with Gatorade), no choice (with all the price fixing), and u just have to buy it, unless you happen to live & work in the same area.

Having said that... if the increase gas price is making ppl more aware of saving gas, may be there's at least a bit of good to it I guess.

I agree comparing gas to bottled water is completely different since bottling water costs pennies compared to refining gasoline, yet cost the same per litre to the consumer.......My point is that the gas prices over the last decade have increased by approximitly the same % as other staples (milk, bread etc,)

Go and stand on any highway overpass and count how many hundreds of cars have one one person in it.....maybe gas prices are still to low?????