Simcoe Walleye

Cudz

Hey

Newb here. I live in Barrie and I know there are walleye in Simcoe but I have never actually targeted them. I have caught 2 big walleye there (both around 10 pounds) but both were by accident. I caught one trolling for lakers and the other jigging for bass. My question is this. Without giving out exact locations, where can I actually find walleye in Simcoe? I have an old map with fish locations and on it the largest area containing walleye seems to be in cooks bay. Is this where I should go to look for them? If so what depth and I looking for 15-30ft?

thanks.

Ok i thought as much. I probably won't wste my time. I went out on the lake from 830 until 1030 for some night perch but got nothing. Go figure. I never have good luck with perch at night. Bass at night is good but no perch. Any reaon for this? I was marking fish between 22 and 27ft though.

beaverton is your best bet. i could tell you when where and what to use but then i would have to kill you. best bet is to go on a hunt for them. never caught a small one their always quite large use your moons and find baitfish is a good way.

Ok that is a start. I have a friend with a cottage in Beaverton so I will give it a try (if I am not smallmouth fishing by then). I don't need help with lures, just location. Thnaks.

Steve, We have a mutual friend in Joe Lauzon. lol. I love mma.

I read an article back about 20 yrs. ago suggesting trolling rapala J13's,F13's or F18's

off the mouth of the Talbot R. at opening season, as the best chance at a big walleye.

You need to find a weedline or depth contour to troll along.

Good luck