Pics from this weekend

brandon

It rained all yesterday and cleared up after it got dark so I drove out to Deep Cove to try out the new lens I bought (Canon EF-S 17-85mm f/4.5-6 IS).....I've been to Deep Cove at night before so It was kind of tricky finding some new ways to show Deep Cove at night. Here is what I came up with....

Pano of the Deep Cove marina

Panorama90editwebsite3.jpg

Pano facing East with Belcarra straight ahead

Panorama91editwebsite.jpg

and this one is my favourite from the night.....The Deep Cove Marina under a star filled sky with Mt. Seymour in the background

031editwebsite-3.jpg

And today I drove to the Reifel Migratory Bird Sanctuary again to see the Owls but they have moved on.....so this is the best picture I came out of there with

151editcroppedwebsite.jpg

I should also mention it's a female Rufous Hummingbird

Edited by brandon

Hey Brandon, yes I agree with Bushart....I just loved the BC coast when I was there a few years back...I dream of returning with a better camera in tote this time. Love the sail boats at night...and Thanks for the feed back about the Canon SLR camera. Wish I was in a better financial position to take advantage...but we just bought a trailer and had to dish out some serious cash to pay for the camp site seasonal fees. Looking forwar to shooting some amazing sunsets from this lake, and there's some awsome lake trout fishing to be had there.

Only shot one small 2 yr. old cow on our moose shoot yesterday...way too cold still...lots of snow in the bush as well,warmer temps tomorrow so we are going back for the evning hours to see if more will be out of the bush. Will send pics if we get some decent footage.

Super pics...keep them coming!!!! Fisher Girl

Great shots Brandon, the night shots with the lights and reflections are just aweome.

I was planning to drive to B.C. at the end of the month, but with the gas prices sky rocketing, we figured we'll fly to Vegas instead. Should get a whole lots of great shots out there. Will make it back to B.C. another year.