Dunnville Panfish

uglyfish

well, went out to Dunnville to do some fishing for channel cats, but the river was a write off, very high winds causing havoc on the river made it impossible to try and fish it. so, plan B was to go and try for some Panfish, crappie, bluegill... just for some fun. so, off to my panfish spot. its just a small creek in a park 5 minutes from Fishmasters. so, we get there, take a look and get set up. after a few minutes i get a snag and break off my rig. so, back to the truck to get a new one, as i;m walkin back to the creek my girlfriend yells at me she has one on. well, it wasn;t a panfish, but its better then a skunk! lol.

Ashley with a catfish

DSCF0090.jpg

so, i decide to try somethin different, and tied on a small inline spinner, i believe it was a 1/8oz size and a shiner pattern. i then proceeded to pound the shore line, casting to weeds and sunken timber, overhanging trees. this creek is SNAG CITY! so, after several casts, finally a hookup!

baby OSS Largemouth

DSCF0091.jpg

after a quick picture he swam off, soon after i hooked into another one.

DSCF0092.jpg

i then got a decent bluegill on the end of a sunken log. did not get a pic of the bluegill. kept moving along the shore, blind casting, and casting to the visible structure and cover. not long and another hook up!! this time, a little weight to it... after a small battle, i get to see a nice sized largie. puts up a fun fight on a 5'6" med action rod with 6# mono. finally land her and after a quick smile for the camera, off she swims.

she was a good 2.5-3lbs.

DSCF0094-1.jpg

DSCF0093.jpg

i got one more small one after that to end the day.

DSCF0095.jpg

all Bass were released quickly and swam off to fight another day. I was NOT targeting Bass as we all know they are currently out of season until the last saturday in june. the panfish were just not biting that day. i came back the next evening and landed a few bluegills with one being a nice big one. seen a few cats caught, as well as a small carp and a crappie.

Nice looking fish

I think you are the guy who sold me and my buddy some bait 2 weeks ago at fishmasters store.

Hopefully you found a box with your fishing licences lol :whistling:

How is all this rain going to affect fishing down there this weekend?

Hopefully grand wont be all blown out.