For The Carpenters

Gerritt

Well the wife surprised me..... She was in cahoots with the journeyman I am training under...(he was a master wooden ship builder in England) anyways...

she asked him if I was in need of some tools etc... knowing he would tell her what I REALLY needed.. LOL

Here is what I recieved

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?c=...amp;cat=1,41504

Set of six... Man are these things nice!! I have a crapload of chisels and trust me they have been put through hell...but these are pretty!! and will never see a bradnail or headless (pin) nail... (She made me promise!) LOL...

golly I have a fantastic woman.

Gerritt.

Edited by Spiel

Wrong kind of chisels for your application Glen, but they do look nice Gerritt.

Whadya mean wrong kind? a chisel is a chisel!... can I borry the 24mm one Gerrit??? They look like a good quality tool to me and I don't think a 32 oz. waffle faced Estwing would hurt them a bit!... I'll return it in a month or 2, after I save up enough to buy myself a new one.

LOL GCD to funny!!!... I have a crapload of Footprint Chisels you can beat on till your hearts content! Hell I'll send you a couple of 2"rs for fun just to lighten the load in my toolbags LOL

they are nice Chisels, well balanced and sharp outta the box...most chisels I have owned while they have an edge they need to be honed... on average I hone my chisels 2-3 times a day (depending on usage and what we are involved in) my planes tend to received more abuse however and see the wetstone even more cant beat a good Veritas Plane... regardless of size Veritas has been the best plane I have laid my hands upon.

Happy New Years guys!

Gerritt.

Edited by Gerritt