Meaford - trout opener....anyone go?

jat

went for a drive to have a look at meaford and wow was there alot of people

waters were extremely low...started off at the 21 bridge and did not see a single fish hooked while i was there....went to the legion hole and same thing...went further up to the orchards and saw about 30 cars there so didnt even bother to put the waders on....went further up to 7th line and a bunch of guys up there and talked to a fella there and nothing was caught

meaford was just a few of the rivers i visited today

started off at the pretty and seemed like half the population of ontario was fishing there

got there at 3 am and didnt even bother fishing so off to a little creek i know of and fished it until sun up and could not hook a fish...waters were extremely low....fish swimming around but very spooked so off to another little creek where normally does not get alot of fisherman but some reason this year i could not find a spot to hit as every bridge had a fisherman

than it was off to the next river which was thornbury to have a look and didnt even bother stopping the truck as i was driving over the river and saw the amount of people there so it was off to meaford

after meaford decided on the way home to hit a few speckle streams that i know of and that wasnt going to happen as every little stream had someone fishiig it

this year was the most fisherman i have ever seen....great to see everyone enjoying the outdoors

must have fished a total of 1 hour and spent a total of 4 hours on the road

i was at nottawa all weekend in the pretty not much caught. they are really spooked although i did manage to hook on to four very silver very spunky bows but nothing landed. it looks like they arent even finished and there may even be another run. lets pray for some rain and dirty things up on monday. there could be 1 more run this week. and ill deffinatley be there at the bridge on tues. KEEP THEM ROD TIPS HIGH!

• 2 weeks later...