fishing in temagami lake or cross

muskyhart

Hi; First time on this form looks great. I fish one week a year in temagami near camp tamar area. I fish almost all catch and release. I would like too have kept a couple of walleye but so far the 3 or 4 I have caught were in the slot so back they went to. I have done pretty good on bass and pike but not great. I just don’t seem to have the patients for trolling lakers or walleye ether, but I will try harder this year. I am on the lake the first of July for the week. I was hoping that there might be some experienced anglers with some tips for fishing. What type of lures, were some of the weeds would be that time of year, what type of bait fish are in the lake, things like that. Any help would be greatly appreciated .My be even a good guide for a day or two. Hope too see some good news thank you.

ok,,,nuber one goto bait is a repala floating #9,,,,troll slow fist thing in the morning and evening,,,after dark jig near moving water,,,,can't tell ya exactly where to fish but it's not far from tamar,,,,,,,oh ya black and silver is the colour for the repala,,,and if you want to get fancy change the back hook to a size smaller,,,,will help with the hook-ups on the whitefish,,,,,now this is what i do in the spring of every year when i go there,,,not sure how much changes during midsummer

hi muskyhart..i fish temagami 3 times a year for one week at a time...in the spring (first Sat in June) i troll in the day for lake trout..they are usually pretty high so i dont use my riggers although i have caught some nice lakers using my downriggers at this time of year....at night we anchor on a shelf that is surrounded by deep water and jig with our led jigs col(orange, chartruse, blue and pink) these work even better when they glow and are tipped with a minnow....we catch all our minnows at beaver dams using a minnow net and bread....these minnows work great just make sure you find a live beaver dam and try not to take too many minnows only what you will use that night... in summer i fish for lake trout, white fish and walleye....the broom islands is a great place to start jigging a crippled harring silver...anchor in 90-100 feet and start jigging a 1 oz crippled harring...and get ready those lakers will hit that harring and your line will go limp cause they always hit it comming from the bottom going up....i also down rig for the lake trout...i do the same thing for walleyes in the summer as i do in the spring...i just change my locations...i find that the walleye move great ditances in this lake....i find them in deeper water and far from the spring locations...i anchor on a shelf a little deeper than the spring and jig with the same colores and minnow that we trapped....now one of my favorite times winter in temagami...what can i say its so beautiful and then i hit other lakes around temagami because its so easy to reach by skidoo.....so i fish kokoko and browns and secret lakes just to mention a few...and i fish temagami....for walleye white fish lake trout......hope this helped....if you want some actual walleye spots try rabbit nose just anchor in 20 feet of water and jig the colores i told you and tip jigs with a minnow and you will have success just as soon as the sun goes down.....hope this helped you.... TIGHT LINES