Question regarding my 1.5hp motor

Victor

hey everyone

I fired up my 1.5hp Johnson motor today to test it out and warm it up. During the process I noticed that fuel is leaking into the bucket of water where i was testing the motor. I brought the motor out once last year and it did the same thing before i got it to start so i didn't end up using it for the whole last year. It seems that whenever the prop turns (when i pull on it the motor to start it) some fuel comes out ... it wasn't substantial but i didn't think that is normal either

The motor is a 1956 1.5 horse johnson. It ran smoothly though other than the leaking problem, in fact i'm not sure if it is a problem or not :dunno: .

One more thing... there's two knobs on the motor which says "high speed and low speed" ... and it has labels saying "lean/rich" depending which way i turn it... does anyone know what those knobs do? When i get my photobucket up and running again i'll try to post a pic.

Thanks in advance!

Victor

p.s. good luck to all this coming panfish/trout opener!

its the fuel mixture coming out the exhaust port landing in the bucket

1956 good god man retire that thing and pick up something more reasonable for the lakes think of the poop that scraps dumping in the lake

Edited by 2 Tone Z71