SPAM ADS? NF

Andrew

From time to time I click on the ad banners that pop up on this page. I always assumed they were screened by the webmaster before they are put on here? Maybe that is the case, maybe it isn't. Anyways, Out of curiosity I clicked on FREECREDITREPORTINCANADA.COM or something of that nature (thinking it must be a legitimate site and not a bunch of Bull) After doing everything it asked me to, still no credit report, and not a reasonable link to get to it, other than suggesting to go to Equifax. I am kind of disappointed to see such a banner running on this site.

Andrew.

Andrew.... they (fr**cr*ditr*port.c*m) are a joke ... I have read about them on Multiple sites... they are a scam I hope you did not give CC info....

Having said that... Google ads are delivered by words mentioned here... it is called ad-sense.. you mentioning keywords such as you have above cred*t, equif*x, rep*rt etc etc etc are what generate these ads....

Ad-Sense banners are not generated by OFC...they are generated by the content of the posts...

Each time a user clicks one however... OFC is paid a few cents.

Hope this clears up any confusion about the google ads your seeing.

If I remember correctly OFC admin can control the type of ads shown.... and the one you mention is a scam. Just type fr**cr*ditrep*t.com scam into google..... replace the *'s ofcourse. and you will learn their evil ways...

G

Edited by Gerritt

Andrew.... they (fr**cr*ditr*port.c*m) are a joke ... I have read about them on Multiple sites... they are a scam I hope you did not give CC info....

Having said that... Google ads are delivered by words mentioned here... it is called ad-sense.. you mentioning keywords such as you have above cred*t, equif*x, rep*rt etc etc etc are what generate these ads....

Ad-Sense banners are not generated by OFC...they are generated by the content of the posts...

Each time a user clicks one however... OFC is paid a few cents.

Hope this clears up any confusion about the google ads your seeing.

If I remember correctly OFC admin can control the type of ads shown.... and the one you mention is a scam. Just type fr**cr*ditrep*t.com scam into google..... replace the *'s ofcourse. and you will learn their evil ways...

G

I wasn't sure if that was the case or not, because I can't really recall seeing ads in the the past that were just total garbage. I guess that going forward no one should be talking about the CREDIT river and it should become the CR*D*T river. ;)