Looking for help

tinbanger

I had similar probs with mine.Tried to boost with a fully charged battery via cables.Nothing.Took out the battery and put the other one in it's place-fired right up.Put a new battery in the next day.The old one was just 2yrs old.Some last some don't.My trolling motor battery is 6yrs old and still going.Go figure.

Kerry

I've seen that before too. Try connecting a good battery up first.....

Did you let your car run for a bit while connected to the boat? Sometimes it takes a few minutes to get enough juice to start up the big motor.

My old truck wouldnt take a boost......I had to hook it up to another truck, and let it run for a while first. Then she'd fire right up.

It would be a shame to not have your boat ready for the weekend if it was just a battery you needed. Take the batt. out of your vehicle and hook it up direct.......if that doesn't work......take it in.

Sinker

The bendix drive is actually lifting up to the flywheel for him.. just not spinning. Contact lug in starter is pouched or dirty.. just like on old '69 dodge. He's also under warrantee and thus the trip to DT instead of bringing it up to me in the morning as was planned.

Thanks all for the help

OFNr's are AWESOME :thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim:

Thanks for all the tips and advice

as well as

Irishfield for offer to trouble shoot

Forrest for the battery offer

Took in the battery to CTC and it tested AOK

about to leave for the dealer and will let all know the result .

No fishing plans this weekend so hope to get it resolved by end of next week as I suspect the service dept will be busy

TB

• 4 weeks later...

well got the boat back just on time for the long weekend and yes it was the battery :wallbash:

Slightly embarrased to admit that but also glad thats all it was .Still not sure why boosting wasn't working ?

New battery including the labour to trouble shoot and taxes for a bit over $100 wasn't too hard to swallow at least .

Also had the trim switch at the motor replaced under warranty while it was there .

The dealer even took a switch off another new motor instead of me having too wait for the part .Thanks to the team at DT Powersports.

we managed a few hours on Sparrow lake Monday and boated 10 or so pike , largest at 32 " .

Kept two smaller ones to try out a recipe . Small strips of pike wrapped in bacon , secured with a skewer and BBQd ( great with steak!)

sorry no pics as camera was left a home .

Hope to get out early next week if the dam winds would stop blowin .

TB

Edited by tinbanger