I know some of you are looking for places to launch and mouring your boats.

Big Cliff

I talked to Lunge Haven today, seems they are expanding operations and may have some slips available, they quoted me $22.00/ft for the season and do have gas and have expanded their store this year, looks nice and they will be cutting the weeds in front of there this year so there will be good access from the chanel.

I also talked to Jim over at the Mourings Marina this morning. Boy a lot of changes happening over there; The office is being torn down and will be operated from the quanset hut up by the road.

They will not be offering gas at all this year, they were forced to remove their tank because it was too close to the water. The old covered slips that got damaged by the ice last spring are being torn down as I type this, should be gone in the next few days, oh well, it will improve our view. They will still be offering launching and parking, Jim told me he thought it would be $15.00/day or $75.00 for the season. They do have washrooms and showers there.

Slips..... Jim wasn't sure yet but he did say he would offer OFNr's a discount. I have asked him to post on here to let everyone know what the rates will be, I hope that when he does no one screams SPAM but if it is taken that way, it is totally my fault, sorry in advance but I thought it would be helpfull information.

Thanks For the Info Big Cliff,

You may recall that I mentioned earlier I had a slip there last summer but found the general area extremely weedy despite them cutting it. I was tucked in beside that old houseboat so it made docking a challenge and always fouled up my prop with weeds. Maybe it was just a bad year? The dead carp didn't help much either

The owners are wonderful and I would go back there in heartbeat if there were new slips and no weeds. I'd appreciate if you could advise of any updates. If you're talking to Rob there, tell him Peter the pilot may want a slip again this year!

I look forward to meeting you there.

Cheers,

Peter

Peter, I will be happy to check for you, I know they have done a lot of work this year, new store and all and last year was the worst I have ever seen it for weeds but I'll drop by tomorrow and ask specifically. I'll post on here tomorrow evening.