Caesards Lodge June 14, Little Gouin #2 first time help! Advice?

santon

Doing something like this for the first time. Have been to lake of the woods and stayed on an island lodge but nothing remote like this.

What should I bring, what should I expect? How is the fishing up there? There will be 6 of us, two to a boat.

Tackle? is ther something I shoudl bring alot of (size of lures, line, etc). Not sure what to expect other than gret fishing!

I have read posts that people caught like 2000 fish a week amonst like 6-8 people. others like 20-30 each per day. what should be the expectation? really want to hunt out a trophy pike.

hahaha little gouin..gouin is almost 160 miles long with all the shoreline and islands..

i guide on gouin in the magnan and brochu sector which is the eastern section.

what time of the year will you be going?

50-60 walleye days are possible when finding the right spot and the time of the season

as i can see from my map he has cabins in lac du male,bay plamondon,baie mattawa and lac simard...ones you find out exactly which one your staying at i could help you out and maybe send you a pic of my map with some spots

opps i just noticed the date.. did a little research and the lake your going to isnt quite on gouin but all lakes surrounding this big reservoir are quite the same.

from my expirience mid june you have to stick to where the spawned but a little deeper(5-15 feet), you want to be looking for water in the 50-58 range. if for some reason you cant find them in those water depths check shallower in sandy bays or sandy points, its happened to me last year end of june i was catching eyes in no more than 3-4 feet of water during the day in the sun.

as for lures give this a try

- thin fin (blue silver)(black silver)

- hot and tot (same colors as above)

-rapala husky jerk blue/orange

-1/4 jig head (orange)

-3 inch white curly tail jig plastic

- lindy rigs

-worm harneses

- also if you really want to do good when the walleye are on a tough bite bring a pound of leeches, thats what i use almost allllll summer long for jigging and often i outfish anyone using other baits. for the leeches just hook one onto the 1/4 jig head or the lindy rig and your in buisness..if you dont have a fishfinder i suggest you get one , not to tell where the fish are ( the walleye in this area stick to the bottom so even with a fishfinder you wont see them its really a question of finding what depth your in)

well hopes this helps if you have any more questions feel free to ask

Having fished on the Gouin Reservoir, primarily for walleye, I'd recommend you take one rod and reel dedicated to jigging, one rod and reel dedicated to bottom bouncing and one rod and reel dedicated to throwing lures for pike. If you have your heart set on trolling crankbaits, you can select a bottom bouncing rod and reel that can do double duty. I'd guess that most of your walleyes will be caught jigging. An assortment of different coloured jigs weighing 1/32 to 1/8 ounce should serve you well. Since temperatures can vary greatly, take adequate clothing to be able to layer up when required. Gortex rain gear should be on your list of must have gear. Your cabin is located on the far western side of the Gouin. Your fishing expectations should include catching a lot of smaller walleye relative to the eastern side of the Gouin. If you or one of your fishing colleagues is proficient in French, take a look at http://www.quebecpeche.com/forums/index.php?showforum=2 or post there to get more information about fishing the Gouin or about your outfitter.