Will the extra snow (high waters) affect fishing?

Black_Blade

Just wondering how the higher waters this season will affect various fishing scenarios here in southern Ontario. We had the extra snowfall, so I imagine water levels wil be higher. Just curious on thoughts of how this will affect the fishing...different tactics etc.

Much as I enjoy bass and pike fishing, hoping this is the year I finally snag some walleyes...

from what ive been watching around here in bowmanville the silt is actually getting washed out nicley and their is new fresh gravel beds that the bows are getting it on in. as for walleye i havnt seen any around or heard of them running so im thinking they might be later this year gona be a interesting walleye opener!!

The walleyes will be late for sure, it's all about water temps like clockwork every year once it hits that magic number, but they have been reported to spawn under the ice if it gets too late, I guess they almost burst so have no choice. The ice melts faster than it comes in though, shouldn't be to far off schedule if it rains like it has been.

I'm hoping the waters higher than ever because it was lower than ever in November, I seen rocks out of the water that I didn't even know about. :lol: It's going to be a late bite this year but they will bite.

As far as high water, nothing changes for catching fish, get your lure in the strike zone like usuall and keep it wet.

Edited by GbayGiant