~~~Last kick at the can

oldphart

~~~Day starts at 4 with Slug picking me up, and a 3 hour drive later, with a lot of these

100_0657.jpg

and lets not forget these,

100_0659.jpg

what a ride it was, felt like a bobble head. We're at the lake. With 2"of crusted snow, we set up, and bump, dam missed him, oh well it's early yet, by 9 still no phish, and Walleyedreamer, comes around the corner, followed by his troop, so after a quick "How you do How you do" WD is poppen holes here and there and over there, and as we all got settle"Phish On"

100_0645.jpg

Great the phish are here, then Slug gets a hit, and like last week loses it Dam here we go again, then his other rod gets a hit, and with Karol, help, he has one in the hand, but Karol gave him the thumbs down so back it went

100_0646.jpg

Well thing sloooowwwed riiiggghhhtt doooowwwnnn, so Slug, and Wd decide to head over to the other side of the bay, where WD always catches phish,so away they go and the troop head out with them, while I stayed put. I had at one time 3 hits in a row losing 2 very nice Trouts, and a small one, had a very friendly Lab come over to say hi, tried to steal my phish, and his owner came over and I said to him "Nice trick you taught him, but go catch your own". After about 1.5 hrs. the guys return carrying 2 small Lakers, and decide to head home, about 30 min. later I get a light tap, then Slug get a hit, and loses it then my rod next to him get a hit and he's all over it and lands this nice Laker

100_0649.jpg

Got quiet for a while some local came out for a walk

100_0647.jpg

Well about 2:30 we decide to pack it in, so we bid a sad farewell to another couple of locals who help clean up, for us.

100_0650.jpg

And we headed off the lake, and again back up the hill for the last time this winter

100_0652.jpg

100_0653.jpg

We got to get a sled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Oh yea we spotted this guy south bound on 11

100_0660.jpg

What dose he know that we don't