Spring Drive Buffalo-timmins-anglers Kingdom

fishbait

Could camp at Rene ?? Provincial Park for a night or two and fish. I misplaced my parks book..can't remember the name of the park. Probably a motel in Moonbeam as well...not sure what's there to fish in the immediate area. Have never stopped to do so between Hearst and Rene ? Park. Could stop in Hearst...many lakes there and I'm sure Medic can help you there and get you out on a water body.

i am just tired of driving just to get someplace and passing up water. The drive fron buffalo to

Cochrane is just filled with little lakes right next to the road. I was hopping hat the ride on 11 thru Hearst

and down to TB would be the same.

How long of a flight in a 172 would it be from where you are to Thunderbay, with fuel stops?

In the spring....could be weeks thanks to mist/fog. Like they say.."time to spare...go by air" ! Not an option I would be chosing if I had a schedule of any kind to stick to. I don't even take my airplane up to Temagami until late June/early July and even then cross country can be iffy in the highest terrain in Ontario.

Like you say LOTS of water all the way up #11 to Cochrane. Not as much along the road from there to Hearst, but should be lots of opportunity around Kapaskasing. After Hearst lots of water again right to Nipigon/Thunder Bay.

BTW..the Provincial Park (has a lake) between Cochrane and Kapaskasing is called Rene Brunelle.