Dacron Line

wvfisherman

I have been thinking about spooling one of my muskie reels with dacron line. It has been so long since I have used dacron line and I cannot remember why I quit using dacron. If I remember dacron :canadian: was soft and did not stretch. But why did we quit using dacron. It is tough getting old and cannot remember some things or maybe it is good that we do not remember some things. Lew or any of you let me know if you us dacron or if not why.

If you would like to read about a couple of WV Lakes, check out Stonewall Jackson Lake and Stonecoal Lake on the web.

From Almost Heaven - West Virginia

I have only used dacron on tip ups. But I have heard about people using it for trolling when banging structure. They say the stretch keeps the lure from snagging, and the thin diameter gets it deep.

Edited by DANIMAL

I have used Dacron, but not for years, almost no stretch to it, great on hooksets. Almost never see it in any place here but quality fishing tackle shops. Sort of a buy on-line item any more. Advances in mono and other lines seems to have left it behind.

Visible, compared to Power Pro and the other super lines a large diameter per pound test.