first trip out with another member here

splashhopper

Well, i finally got out to try for some spring rainbows today with another member here , Oltroll, and another friend of mine.

We fished the Bayfield River.

We got to the river a little late.. met a couple guys there that already had couple of nice bows in the cooler and said some others were caught already this am..

We got skunked today, but had a good first trip together... nobody gave up ! lol

I did have one on so i finally got to hear the bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz of the reel this year! lol

The three of us are gonna try again tomorrow on Lake Ontario tribs..

Thanx for the board.. it is a great network builder.

Splashopper

Edited by splashhopper

At this point I'd settle for closing my eyes and letting one of the kids jerk some line off the reel. At least you got out of the house!!!

-Brian

That's too funny. I had my wife do that the other day when I spooled up a new rod and reel. :whistling: I sure hope open water comes soon, as I cannot afford to keep buying fishing gear, I have to start using it.

update:

the three of us headed out to the west end of Lake Ontario..

First spot... freezing cold and the water was dirty... stayed 3 hours... not even a hit..

Packed up headed to the next spot...

One of our guys, Oltroll from here,, first cast... .. WHAMMO !!! 4lb brown trout ! Nice looking fish.

Guys in boats trolling 20-3- yards in front of us getting fish...

The next two hours we were fighting rocks and snags ! lol

All in all.. .slow weekend for us fish wise... laughed our asses off all weekend and are likely gonna try again next weekend.

Thanx again for the board...