Buntzen Lake and Tsawwassen Sunset

brandon

Last time I was at Buntzen Lake I only hiked up the East side of it, then right back down the way I came. Today I decided to make the entire trip around the lake which is normally an 8km loop.....however the bridge at the south end is out due to flooding so a 3km detour is needed to get back to the parking lot. It was overcast all morning and I was hoping it would clear enough for some decent landscape photos but the clouds stuck around for the whole hike......and nobody wants to see pictures with a white sky right? Since I had already photographed the East side of the lake I did'nt feel the need to take any more pictures there.....but once I made my way around the north end of the lake and back down the west side, I started to get the itch to take some pictures......this is the best I could come up with lol....

an old foundation for a hydro tower

020_1_2_tonemappededitwebsite.jpg

after that exciting hydro tower foundation photo shoot I continued on my way. I eventually came across a stream and after a bit of bushwhacking to get off the trail I set up for these 3 photos.....

029editwebsite.jpg

040editwebsite.jpg

044editwebsite.jpg

well that's all from Buntzen Lake for now......

Being as how I only took 3 decent photos at Buntzen Lake, I decided to try and find a place to setup for some sunset photos. Tsawwassen Beach was my target area and I wasn't let down....

I took this first picture this way just because I liked the way it flowed......also the reflection of the cloud in the little pool

061_3_tonemappedwebsite.jpg

Here is a CLAM waiting to be BAKEd by the sun.....

072_4_3_tonemappededitwebsite.jpg

This is just a photo of the sunset with a flock of seagulls passing in front of the sun's rays

081croppededitwebsite.jpg

The sun broke through the clouds one last time before ducking behind the mountains and during that time it lit up the beach I was on....

135_6_7_tonemappedwebsite.jpg

I'm sure you guys have learned that I enjoy taking panoramic photos.......so the sunset wasn't complete without one....

Panorama85editwebsite.jpg

and I almost forgot this shot of one of the BC Ferries passing through the sun's rays

053_5_tonemappedcroppedwebsite.jpg

enjoy

Edited by brandon