Habs fans......

Stoty

Holdfast is just a disgruntled leafs fan is all.

Carey price is not ready yet, but don't be surprised if he just shuts everyone out, now that he is the number one goalie. Gainey is setting his sights at a cup run next year. It is our last chance at a cup this decade. The Habs have won a cup in every decade since the start. It is also the HABS 100 yr anniversary next year. We may not make a huge statement this year, but watch out for next years team. They are an exciting team this year. lots of speed and the defense is getting stronger every game.

Edited by Squid

Holdfast is just a disgruntled leafs fan is all.

Carey price is not ready yet, but don't be surprised if he just shuts everyone out, now that he is the number one goalie. Gainey is setting his sights at a cup run next year. It is our last chance at a cup this decade. The Habs have won a cup in every decade since the start. It is also the HABS 100 yr anniversary next year. We may not make a huge statement this year, but watch out for next years team. They are an exciting team this year. lots of speed and the defense is getting stronger every game.

No, Im a disgruntled Hab fan watching a franchise going to hell in the last few years. Yea they are doing good, but consider this, look at the league theyre playing in. I admit the habs are fast, but it comes down to playing a team with grit, theyre invisible. I see no future for the team. They keep loosing their big boys and keep these small foreign players that are average to say the least. Last year they could of traded Sourey, or at least tried to sign him. Instead they pick up Briseboise(AKA Brokenwood). Maybe im getting spoiled here out West watching Edmonton and Calgary playing teams that used to be the way hockey was always played. Not this penalty crap, excuse me type hocky watching the leafs, Habs and Ottawa games. Huet deal, another bad deal. Yea Belak would of been better than a second round draft.

Ok then. HF do not be disgruntled. There are big boys coming. take for example, Hamerlik, O'Byrne and Komisarek. NEver mind, emilin, and liventenko. Chipchura is a big boy and so is Latendresse. The gusy are all under the age of 25. Montreal beat up on Philly and they are a bigger team. The only problme the Habs have is playing against the devils and their freaking trap system. I have watched 99 % of the habs games on RDS and this team is doing very well. Ryder is fianlly bakc to form. He is throwing his weight around all over the ice. Begin-Lapierre and Kostoplous are also creating injuries against other teams. Bullion has the HABS record fo bench press. Koivo is small but man can he body check. Take a look at the team stats for say Anneheim and Montreal. You will be surprised.

As long as they score 5 goals a nite like tonight, we should be ok :D

But, how about those SENS???? :P:P Dont they look good as of late

It's been 9 years since they had back to back SO loses and over 15 years since they lost 3 in a row to the Leafs. I'd say Paddock has lost some of the players. Only thing a Sens fan can hope for now is that Murray can get them going again. The Sens are way better then they have been lately, that's for sure. It's not entirely out of the realm of possibilities that they miss the PO's.

FOTB

:Gonefishing:

You watch...the Sense are going to turn things around, and battle it out with the Pens to win the conference, and advance to the cup finals.

I am guessing the final four will be:

East - OTT vs PIT

West - DET vs ANA

All PIT and DET need is to stay healthy. If they do that, they have a very good shot at winning the cup.

No, Im a disgruntled Hab fan watching a franchise going to hell in the last few years. Yea they are doing good, but consider this, look at the league theyre playing in. I admit the habs are fast, but it comes down to playing a team with grit, theyre invisible. I see no future for the team. They keep loosing their big boys and keep these small foreign players that are average to say the least. Last year they could of traded Sourey, or at least tried to sign him. Instead they pick up Briseboise(AKA Brokenwood). Maybe im getting spoiled here out West watching Edmonton and Calgary playing teams that used to be the way hockey was always played. Not this penalty crap, excuse me type hocky watching the leafs, Habs and Ottawa games. Huet deal, another bad deal. Yea Belak would of been better than a second round draft.

You know Holdfast you really should be a Leaf fan then you would have something to complain about without sounding silly.

Gainey tried to sign Souray last year but he turned the offer down but if you knew anything at all about the Habs you would know that, by the way how is that signing working out for the Oilers???

Perhaps you would be happy if Gainey signed the Hanson brothers?

Pens have the Eastern Conference locked up...but I think whoever wins the West wins the CUP...which is why I think the Pens have really squandered their bright future and they will be paying the price in future years.

As far as Habs go, all goalies play better with coaching/management confidence in them, you can let the Sens tell you about 2 goalie systems...speaking of which, I guess the calenders must be fast forwarded in Ottawa...they aren't supposed to be starting to swirl down the toilet until June.

No trade clause: you sign a contract, you are stuck with it, playovers and do agains end in grade school. classless panhandling to sign a deal and then badger a player to death in the media to give up a negotiated contract term...try doing that on the assembly line in Oshawa...gee...we don't like the contract, will you be a nice guy and just change it? purdy please? sugar on top

Edited by Kirk

I dont agree with the whole idea of them at all.

Playing hockey is a job. The management, just like in the office, are your boss. If they dont want/need you anymore, and can hire someone else who will better the company, then its up to them as to what they do to you.

Do I think its selfish what Sundin did, no because like you said, thats what him and the team agreed upon. Which is fair.

But the NHL needs to take that stupid rule out of contracts, so the GM's can do their jobs.

Thomas Plekanec

Maxim Lapierre

Ryan O`Byrne

Jaroslav Halak

Mikhail Grabovsky

Mark Streit

Guillaume Latendresse

Sergi Kostistyn

Waste of Rations

A waste of rations! LOL

MTL. 6 BUF.2

Plekanec 3 goals and as a bonus Latendresse punched out one of your big strong western canada boys!

Big game tomorrow Hab fans against the devils first place on the line!

OK, OK I agree theyre on a roll, Good for them. But as a Disgruntled MTL Fan Im not convinced yet. But Im watching. Maybe they can win me back, but, itll take convincing. They kind of remind me of OTTAWA last year. In their division they can skate, in the other division, they cant, or wont. But Im listening. As far as Hossa Chek, Swede, French oops France, Slovak, Russian, Slovakian, Yugo Theyre like their soccer players. You blow on them and they get hurt or lost. But some of my favorite players are, Chara, Ovenchkin, Jager, and my favorite Kasparitis. But they are Unique, and play like they came from small town Canada. TOUGH

Hey Montreal owes you nothing true fans hold tough through thick and thin. I have been a Habs fan for almost 50 years and I have seen a lot of good hockey over the years including 14 Stanley Cups.

Interesting that one of your favs is Kasparitis a dirty cheap shot artist who when challenged would turtle.