BOQ questions

tinbanger

Planning to spend a day with Pikeie on the BOQ the last week of Feb.Part of a Christmas gift ,other half is ether Nip or Temagami in March

Wanting to target walleye but being cheap ... are there any areas that can be walked to from shore OR is a guide highly reccomended.

We are highly mobile and don't mind drilling holes by the dozen !

Any PMs appreciated , not looking for specific locations just a starting point .

thanks

TB

Hey tinbanger,

Being highly mobile is a bonus but apparently there are some sketchy spots out there still. If you're not familiar with the area I'd recommend a guide for sure. I was out there this past saturday with my 5 year old nephew and we used a guide. The guide is actually on this board and goes by the name of hawg hunter. Hes a great guide and I'd use him again the next time I go. Also the use of a guide will up your chances of hooking into some nice walleye. Just a reminder the season closes on BOQ on feb. 28th.

Good luck.

According to the MNR for Zone 20, the walleye season is thus:

Walleye &

Sauger or any

combination

Jan. 1 to Mar.1

& the 1st Sat. in

May to Dec. 31

S - 4; not more than 1 greater than

63 cm (24.8 in.)

C - 2; not more than 1 greater than

63 cm (24.8 in.)

We get an extra day to fish this year - Yipee

Contact either one of the bait shops in Belleville (Sam at Carra Outdoors or Ron at Skevys)and they can set you up with just the current ice conditions or a guide if you wish.A guide is certainly a good choice if you are only fishing one day and want to get on fish without searching all over for them.

Good luck